Hi Everyone
I have Just returned form India thanks for your all your prayers and support. It was an amazing trip were I saw the Lord work in power full ways. But unfortunately do to the sensitiveness of the area I was in I cannot give the names of people or places that I visited and met. However I will attempt to tell you as much as I can about what the Lord did. So to start I left for India on the 10th of March and arrived on the 11th where I was met by a man I shall refer to as Mr. N. Mr. N is an amazing man of God how loves the Lord and India after a day of shopping and acclimatizing my team and I left for one of the five holiest places in India. There, a local Christian who used to be a Hindu, tutored us, about the history and development of Hinduism. After that my team and I traveled to Mr. N home were we stayed for a day and learned about the area we were going to be trekking in. the next we spent traveling on a bus through the Himalayan mountains but due to one of my good friends getting severally ill we had to stop early and never made it to village we were going to stay at for that night. Thankfully when we awoke the next morning my friend was feeling a lot better and we were able to get going. It was that day that we actually started hiking and praying for the area that I wrote about in my prayer letter, which I shall refer to as G district from now on. That day we hiked 5 kilometers but the last kilometer of that hike was straight up hill for 45 minutes. When we arrived at our destination for that day we stayed in a summerhouse that was owned by one of our porters. I can barely describe the beauty of that place set high in the Himalayan with its ornate house of stone and wooden shingled with slate form the mountains surround by fields of mustard seed. But though the villages was beautiful there was no light there the people had no hope and were enslaved to idols they worshiped. The next morning my team and I left that village and hiked 9 kilometers to our next stop, which was a village that was even higher and more remote than the one we had stayed in the night before. However, it was at this particular village were the highlight of my trip occurred. When we arrived were met by many little Children, which we went out to play with. Now my highlight happened as we were playing with the children in the only square large enough in the village, which happened to be right in front of the village temple. We heard the news that the gentlemen we were staying with and his entire family accepted Christ, that night there was much rejoicing and gladness among us. The next morning we set for our hardest hike of the trip, our hike to the valley of many gods, which is where Hindu’s pilgramige too in order to look for the gods who supposedly live in the mountains there. We spent a day there relaxing praying and fellowshipping with each other, unfortunately it snowed 16 inches while we were there so it was very cold but good. After that day we hiked back to the second village we stayed at and from there we hiked on the fallowing day all the way back to where we began our hike. After that we returned to Mr. N’s house where we spent so time in solitude talking to God while we got ready to return home. That Night we caught the train back to where we flew into and the next morning we went to the largest Mosk in India for some sight seeing. It was later that day that we bid fer well to Mr. N and returned to Canada. So all in all I feel that the trip was extremely beneficial to Gods kingdom and my own personal spiritual growth. Now I ask you to please continue praying for me and for the country of India, especially G district and the people that live there and for our new brothers and sisters in Christ. Finally Once again I would like to thank all of you for your prayer and support I know it was only by your prayers and God’s grace that I got home safely once again.
Sincerely
Lord BB
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment